8 Reasons Why Being a Dog Mom is the Best
Dogs enrich our lives in countless ways and in ways for which we could never repay them. In honor of Mother’s Day this year, here are 8 reasons why being a dog mom is the best!
- You have a live-in vacuum: Drop a piece of popcorn on the floor? Boom – gone. What about the crumbs from your sandwich? They’re gone in seconds. Dogs are always around when there’s food present, and they’ll diligently clean up any mess you make without being asked!
- They provide endless entertainment: Even when they do something naughty, you can’t help but laugh. As a pet owner, even correcting behavior, training, and teaching your dog new tricks is a fun task in and of itself. One thing is for sure, you’re never bored when you’re a dog mom!
- They’re the perfect wingman: Are you a dog mom that’s single and ready to mingle? You’re in luck because your dog is the perfect wingman. The sight of your pup is enough to make just about anyone melt, and most dog lovers are a welcome addition to your circle! They can be perfect for meeting new friends too, just take them to the dog park and chat up other dog moms! You’ll bond over your fur babies and you may make a lasting friend in the process.
- They don’t talk back: Well, not for long anyway, and when they do, we’ll admit it’s pretty cute. No one is arguing with you about cleaning up their toys, because guess what? They don’t have thumbs! Or if you’ve trained your dog to put their toys away, they probably LOVE doing anyways so no arguments there!
- They love to nap: That’s right, no fights about nap time to worry about when you’re a dog mom. In fact, your pup will nap without even being told. Feeling a little sleepy yourself? Your dog will never complain that they’re bored when you decide to lay down and close your eyes for a few minutes. They probably snuggle up and join you for a snooze!
- They’re down to do anything: Well, almost anything. We’re sure those vet trips aren’t their favorite pastime, but your dog undoubtedly loves to do whatever activity they can accompany you on. Going for a run in the park? Your dog is probably excited about it. A quick car ride through the drive-thru? Your dog is stoked. Headed to the back yard for some gardening? Guess what – your dog wants to be there more than anything.
- They are always happy to see you: 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. There is no better feeling than walking through the door after a long day and seeing that furry face and wagging tail there to greet you. Whether you’ve been gone 5 days or 5 minutes, your dog will always miss you and be the most appreciative of your presence when you return.
- They’re your best friend: The saying is true, dogs really are (wo)man’s best friend. You have a constant companion that never gets tired of being around you. You can take them for car rides, snuggle up with them to watch a movie, cry on their shoulder without judgment, and someone to keep you company. It’s an unbreakable bond that only other dog moms can understand.
A dog might not be able to bring you flowers or candy or cook you dinner for Mother’s Day, but they can definitely provide companionship and unconditional love. If you do plan to go out for the day to celebrate Mother’s Day with your human children, be sure to contact Karla’s Pet Care for all your pet sitting needs.