It’s time for our annual Hungry Bowl Pet Food Drive! Did you know that displaced pets actually outnumber people 5 to 1 when it comes to homelessness. It’s hard to know for sure, but statistics show that there are up to 70 million homeless pets on the streets of America. With all of those pets in need, it can be hard to find resources such as food and supplies for them once they are in a shelter.
That’s why Karla’s Pet Care is hosting the 4th Annual Hungry Bowl™ Pet Food Drive. All to benefit homeless pets of Elk Grove Animal Control. We’ve joined in the international effort spearheaded by Pet Sitters International (PSI), who created the drive to collect pet food for local shelters and pet-rescue groups across the globe.
Last year’s Hungry Bowl™ amassed an astonishing 1,000 pounds of food donated! What’s more is that with the pet food there were beds, leashes, and doggy clothes were also donated to the cause. Amazing, right?
Donate to the Hungry Bowl™ Pet Food Drive!
Why: Animal shelters and pet-rescue organizations across the country are in dire need. Locally, Elk Grove Animal Control is in need of pet food donations as it enters the next year.
When: Donations accepted December 1st through December 12th.
Where: Donations can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Karla’s Pet Care6924 Prazzo Way Elk Grove, CA 95757
- Kittel Family Vet: 8153 Elk Grove Blvd #30
- Laguna Creek Vet: 5060 Laguna Blvd #129
- Elk Grove Police Department, Animal Control: 8400 Laguna Palms Way
- Animal Care Center: 9165 Elk Grove Florin Rd #180
How Do Your Donations Help?
We talked with Maureen at Elk Grove Animal Control and here is what she had to say…
Donated food is distributed in several ways to include:
- Senior and homeless citizens who own animals and are on either a fixed or have no income.
- Colony caretakers who provided resources to the City’s community and feral cats. These folks work to help reduce the number of unwanted cats through trap, neuter and return.
- We provide donations to the Elk Grove Food Bank as well.