Fun Activities to Do With Your Dog This Holiday Season
With the holiday season in full swing, many of us are looking for ways to celebrate with our furry friends. Here are some fun activities to do with your dog this holiday season:
- Go for a winter walk or hike: There’s nothing quite like a crisp winter walk to get you and your dog in the holiday spirit. Pack some hot cocoa and take a stroll through your neighborhood or hit the trails for a more rugged adventure.
- Have a holiday photo shoot: Dress up your dog in a holiday-themed outfit and snap some adorable photos to share with friends and family. You can even create your own holiday cards featuring your four-legged companion.
- Bake holiday treats: Get your dog in on the baking fun by making some homemade dog treats. There are plenty of recipes online for festive, dog-friendly treats like gingerbread cookies and peanut butter and pumpkin muffins.
- Play holiday-themed games: There are plenty of fun holiday games you can play with your dog, such as “find the hidden treat” (hide small treats around your home and have your dog search for them) or “present fetch” (use wrapped boxes or gift bags as toys and play fetch with your dog).
- Have a movie night: Snuggle up with your dog and watch a holiday movie or TV special. Bonus points if you have some cozy blankets and dog-friendly snacks on hand.
No matter what you decide to do, remember to always keep your dog’s safety in mind and supervise them during all holiday activities. With a little creativity and some holiday cheer, you and your furry friend are sure to have a festive and memorable holiday season. If you’re traveling in the new year be sure to contact Karla’s Pet Care for all your pet sitting and dog walking needs.