Not only is it important your dog gets plenty of exercise every day, it’s also important that you do as well. While we are always more than happy to come and walk your dogs on a regular basis you can also get lots of benefits from walking your dog. Hiring a dog walker is always a good idea when you are short on time and your dog needs way more exercise than you can manage, but if you have the time in your day then dog walks for you are also a great idea.
Benefits You Get from Walking Your Dog
- Helps keep you active and in shape.
- Studies have shown that for overweight people/dogs, a 30-minute walk, three times per week can reduce blood pressure, increase energy, improved sense of well-being, and lower your weight by 5% and your dog’s by 15%.
- Walking time gives you a chance to bond with your dog.
- Regular walks remind you if your dog needs a training session, or maybe an obedience class.
- A walk in the morning or evening is a great start or end to a long day.
- A walk after meals is proven to help with digestion.
- A nice walk in the middle of the day can break up a long work day and help your mind reset.
- Regular exercise combats stress, anxiety and depression.
- Really there is nothing better than spending some peaceful time with your dog. Do you need another reason?
It’s never too late to start a new habit. If you and your dog are out of shape just make sure start slowly. Start with a short walk and then slowly increase until you’re walking for about 30 minutes a few times a week. Then both you and your dog will start seeing and feeling the benefits of walking regularly.
So put on your walking shoes and get out there with your dog! And don’t forget, if you don’t have the time you need to walk your dogs as much as they would like give us a call!
- Why Choosing Karla’s Pet Care’s Professional Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Service is Better than Hiring a Relative or Neighbor